ASA stands for acrylonitrile styrene acrylate. This material has mechanical strength and is UV and water resistant.
It is a material that is structurally similar to ABS, but with better weather resistance.
It is often referred to as an engineering plastic. This is due to the fact that the ASA material can maintain its appearance and resistance to impact even after long periods of time in the open air, rain, cold and salt water of the sea.
Due to these properties, it is ideal for outdoor commercial and infrastructure use. That is why this material is used in many products that we see and use in our daily life: electrical housings, brackets, pipes and construction profiles, sporting goods, automotive prototypes and many more.
ASA is a material used in Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) 3D printing.
• Strong UV resistance
• High wear and impact resistance
• High temperature resistance
• Color Fade/Aging/Yellowing Resistance
• Glossy surface
• Higher cost compared to traditional ABS
• Higher extruder temperature
• Toxic fumes when printing, requires ventilation
• Hygroscopic properties, absorbs water from the air
Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp